Todays card is one inspired by my pregnant friend, she is expecting her second and I’m really excited. This beautiful stamp landed in my mailbox today so I just had to make something with it. The stamp is Kraftin’ Kimmie’s Caroline. I have used both the main image and one of the texts and the bottle. All the images have been colored with a mix of promarkers and Copics (copics are used on the skin and as one of the three petrol-colors). I did also add some small pearls on her hairclip. The embellishments on the outside is metallic brads and a ribbon i found in my stash. All the papers is Bo Bunny’s Peacock Lane. All the papers have been distressed with either Peeled Paint or Broken China.

The card is a tealight card, another kind then the one i did the last time. I have made a template but in not happy with it, so i will try to make a better one on a later occasion so bare with me until that. You can find the template at the bottom (click to see it larger). I did another size on my pocket then the template shows because i felt i needed a bigger one. This kind of tealight card I first found the StampARTic site were there also is a very nice tutorial that my template is based on.

On the inside I used the same papers and ribbon but adding a light purple bow (made with my bow easy). The scalloped edge on the pocket is made with a scalloped scissor. The purple bubbles are a extra from Provocraft’s alphabet Babyface. The heart-window is made with a Nestabilitie, the frame of the heart is made by me tracing around the edge of the die so i just got a bigger thin frame. The tags in the pocket is Magnolia’s Vintage tag the i have distressed with some Broken China.

And by make a mistake i learned something so here is todays tip: Put the panel together first and glue it on the unmounted box, then cut the window and lastly assemble the box. I did the window and the box which made me make the window twice… Another goo thing to remember is that you don’t blue either the top or bottom flap when the box so the receiver can open it.

And here is a little picture of the card when closed. Something i don’t like with this kind of tealight card is that the tealightbox is so small that the edges probably will be bent in the mailing-process.

I’m really happy with the colors, but they are very me so it’s not strange. But i had another vision from the start which explains why i have the cream base for my card instead of something maybe petrol or green, but i think it looks good anyway. I’m also entering this card from this weeks Simon Says Challenge that is “Anything Goes”.

Kommentera

E-postadressen publiceras inte. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *