Kategori: Ljuskort

Caroline in a tealight card

Todays card is one inspired by my pregnant friend, she is expecting her second and I’m really excited. This beautiful stamp landed in my mailbox today so I just had to make something with it. The stamp is Kraftin’ Kimmie’s Caroline. I have used both the main image and one of the texts and the bottle. All the images have been colored with a mix of promarkers and Copics (copics are used on the skin and as one of the three petrol-colors). I did also add some small pearls on her hairclip. The embellishments on the outside is metallic brads and a ribbon i found in my stash. All the papers is Bo Bunny’s Peacock Lane. All the papers have been distressed with either Peeled Paint or Broken China.

The card is a tealight card, another kind then the one i did the last time. I have made a template but in not happy with it, so i will try to make a better one on a later occasion so bare with me until that. You can find the template at the bottom (click to see it larger). I did another size on my pocket then the template shows because i felt i needed a bigger one. This kind of tealight card I first found the StampARTic site were there also is a very nice tutorial that my template is based on.

On the inside I used the same papers and ribbon but adding a light purple bow (made with my bow easy). The scalloped edge on the pocket is made with a scalloped scissor. The purple bubbles are a extra from Provocraft’s alphabet Babyface. The heart-window is made with a Nestabilitie, the frame of the heart is made by me tracing around the edge of the die so i just got a bigger thin frame. The tags in the pocket is Magnolia’s Vintage tag the i have distressed with some Broken China.

And by make a mistake i learned something so here is todays tip: Put the panel together first and glue it on the unmounted box, then cut the window and lastly assemble the box. I did the window and the box which made me make the window twice… Another goo thing to remember is that you don’t blue either the top or bottom flap when the box so the receiver can open it.

And here is a little picture of the card when closed. Something i don’t like with this kind of tealight card is that the tealightbox is so small that the edges probably will be bent in the mailing-process.

I’m really happy with the colors, but they are very me so it’s not strange. But i had another vision from the start which explains why i have the cream base for my card instead of something maybe petrol or green, but i think it looks good anyway. I’m also entering this card from this weeks Simon Says Challenge that is “Anything Goes”.

Ljuskort m.m

Idag har jag pysslat en massor och lyckats göra koret till farmors födelsedag, nu gäller det bara att det kommer fram tid. Men jag testade också för första gången att göra ett ljuskort (tealight card) till Kerstin som ett “i efterskott-kort”. Jag är riktigt nöjd med båda.

De flesta pappren på det här kortet är från Bo Bunnys nya vinterkollektion och jag tycker de är helt underbara! Snöflingspappret var ett ljusgrått som jag hade hemma så om jag distressade över med “dusty concord” för att få en lila ton. Doraline är färglagd med promarkerpennor och snön är skapad med en snowmarker. Jag har även målat de genomskinliga rhinestones med en ljuslila copic-penna för att få en lila nyans. (jag tycker inte att färgen fäster med promarker-pennorna). Banden är är använda är ett lila silkesband och ett svart sammetsband. Formen på motivet är skapat genom att använda min Fiskars Shapecutter, cirklar, på ovansidan av mitt motiv. Happy birthdays-stämpeln kommer från Penny Blacks stämpelset Critter Party.

Hoppas farmor Inger blir glad! Jag tycker kortet är feminint utan att vara allt för “putti-nuttigt” i brist på bättre ord.

Det här kortet är mitt första ljuskort någonsin och jag är mycket nöjd. Jag försökte få tag i en lite gammaldags stil med en hint av jul men ändå inte jul-papper då vi alla vet att födelsedagsbarn i juletid inte tycker om julpapper. Jag använde mig av en mall jag hittat på nätet och jag tyckte det gick bra förutom att jag inte tyckte om att sidorna vid ljusen lämnades öppna. Först trodde jag att bandet skulle stoppa ljusen men spetsen jag använde var för tunn och hade inte tillräcklig substans för att fungera som vägg så det slutade med att jag klippte och klistrade dit en lite vägg. Nästa gång jag gör kortet kommer jag att göra det från början eller ta en mall där flärparna är medtagna. Papprena är Maja Designs kollektion “fröjdefull jul” och stämpeln kommer från Arkivet.

Jag tyckte att ljusen var lite tråkiga (och jag hade inga roliga hemma) så jag försökte att skapa kanelljus genom att elda dem lite så att stearinet smälte och sedan hällde jag på lite kanalkrydda. Det ser inte ut som det proffsigaste men det luktar riktigt gott. Hoppas att lukten sitter kvar och utsöndras när de väl tänds. Jag fortsatte kaneltemat och satte två små stänger på kortet så att kaneldoften blir tydlig när man öppnar kuvertet.