Etikett: Peacock Lane

My Project Life Planner

So I made my own planning-sheet a while back were i could note information for the week and select a layout and photos. For 2015 it bound it together with some string so i could keep my active weeks together with my empty weeks. When I do my planning I also have my reference-sheet with Becky Higgings pocket pages (I only use Beckys for a uniform feeling in my albums) and sometimes a calendar so I can see which dates that goes in which week.

So now I have been thinking about making it a bit more sturdy and nicer. I borrowed a bind-it-all from a friend and yesterday I finally got the time to do it.

I made a very simple cover from laminated cardstock and a patterned paper (the back is identical without the text). The covers are about 0,5cm taller then all the other pages. The front is decorated with Bo Bunny’s Peacock Lane that is cut with nestabilities.
2016-01-25 Pl planerare 1The next full page spread after the cover is the pocket pages reference. On this one I will make some kind of a sticker (green, yellow and red perhaps) so I can know how many of the designs I have at home. I just hate to start a planned week and realizing that I don’t have the pocket-page I need. The reference is also laminated so it can be well-handled.

kOn the back on the reference I stuck to calendars of 201 and 2016.

2016-01-25 Pl planerare 2After the reference/calendar I added my old pages for 2015. They look a bit scruffy due to all the holes but they will soon be torn out (hopefully) anyway. And I don’t have a working printer home so I didn’t wanna redo them. The old pages are double-sided so they wouldn’t take up so much space.

2016-01-25 Pl planerare 5After my old pages I put in the new pages for 2016. I made a small change (made a divided note-space for my (now) two kids. These pages are unfortunate not double-sided (didn’t get a printer that could do that).

jbhjkhThe book is put together with a 1/2″ red wire from Zutter. It’s full but you can still turn the pages with ease, and it will be thinner and thinner for every week I put into my album…

material

  • Zutter – Bind-it-all, 1/2″ red wire
  • Spellbinders-nestabilities – labels 8
  • My favorite things – By the numbers

Träffar: 32

Two necklaces

Today i have been making two necklaces. The base is a acrylic plastic, that i have bought from Panduro, and a silver jumpring.

The first one (the circle) is simple backed with paper, the Bo Bunny Peacock Lane from the Peacock Lane collection. I used Glossy accent as a glue and a seeler for the backside. Then i took a few pearls and colored then with my copics (V17 and BG49).

The second one is backed with Graphic45s paper Extravaganza from the Le Cirque collection. Then i took a thin ribbon and glued it to the sides so it got a more defined edge.

It did find it hard to make the glue perfect against the acrylic and i can see something behind it that ain’t that nice, not bubbles but some disturbance. But it’s only visible when you look very close so it won’t destroy the overall-visual of the pendant.

Träffar: 42

Caroline in a tealight card

Todays card is one inspired by my pregnant friend, she is expecting her second and I’m really excited. This beautiful stamp landed in my mailbox today so I just had to make something with it. The stamp is Kraftin’ Kimmie’s Caroline. I have used both the main image and one of the texts and the bottle. All the images have been colored with a mix of promarkers and Copics (copics are used on the skin and as one of the three petrol-colors). I did also add some small pearls on her hairclip. The embellishments on the outside is metallic brads and a ribbon i found in my stash. All the papers is Bo Bunny’s Peacock Lane. All the papers have been distressed with either Peeled Paint or Broken China.

The card is a tealight card, another kind then the one i did the last time. I have made a template but in not happy with it, so i will try to make a better one on a later occasion so bare with me until that. You can find the template at the bottom (click to see it larger). I did another size on my pocket then the template shows because i felt i needed a bigger one. This kind of tealight card I first found the StampARTic site were there also is a very nice tutorial that my template is based on.

On the inside I used the same papers and ribbon but adding a light purple bow (made with my bow easy). The scalloped edge on the pocket is made with a scalloped scissor. The purple bubbles are a extra from Provocraft’s alphabet Babyface. The heart-window is made with a Nestabilitie, the frame of the heart is made by me tracing around the edge of the die so i just got a bigger thin frame. The tags in the pocket is Magnolia’s Vintage tag the i have distressed with some Broken China.

And by make a mistake i learned something so here is todays tip: Put the panel together first and glue it on the unmounted box, then cut the window and lastly assemble the box. I did the window and the box which made me make the window twice… Another goo thing to remember is that you don’t blue either the top or bottom flap when the box so the receiver can open it.

And here is a little picture of the card when closed. Something i don’t like with this kind of tealight card is that the tealightbox is so small that the edges probably will be bent in the mailing-process.

I’m really happy with the colors, but they are very me so it’s not strange. But i had another vision from the start which explains why i have the cream base for my card instead of something maybe petrol or green, but i think it looks good anyway. I’m also entering this card from this weeks Simon Says Challenge that is “Anything Goes”.

Träffar: 27