This weekend we will celebrate Oskar’s first birthday. Gosh the time flies by but it’s gonna be fun to see everyone again and see Oskar blow his candle for the first time.
A few weeks ago i found this darling papers from Doodlebug and I just loved it (especially the owl-pattern that I didn’t use here). So I wanted to do a really traditional baby-boy-card so I just dug out all the baby-blue things i had, lots of glitter and stars.
The image is from Lili of the Valley and I love how the bear turned out! It makes me happy to look at him. I did place the “1” on the car to symbolize Oskar’s first birthday. The “1” is cut in the same blue cardstock as the rest of the card but I colored it with some E43 to dull it down to fit the rest of the image.
The card have been decorated a bit with yellow stickles on some of the yellow dots on the background-paper and the ballon have been coated with some stardust. The ribbon is a regular baby blue satin ribbon that I embellished a bit with a blue button and some green embroidery-thread. The ribbon is not glued down all around and on this photo it have slided down a bit, I didn’t notice when I took the photo and don’t wanna take a new one.
Stamp: Lili of the Valley -Little Lorry Bear.
Paper: Doodlebug Design – Snips and Snails
Copic: E50, E53, E57, E59, E43, E41, E40, Y17, Y15, C4, C2, C0, YG25, YG08, YG23, C8, C6, C4, N3, E43, 0
Dies: Spellbinders – Nestabilities – scalloped rectangle, rectangle. Provocraft – Baby Face Alphabet. My Favorite Things – Stacking Stars.
Other: Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass. Stickles – yellow, stardust.
- CMC Copic Challenge – Bright fun colors
- CR84FN – Light Blue, yellow, Green
- Cute Cards Thursday – #237 Lotsa Ribbon
- Simon Says Stamp – Glimmer and Sparkle
- Inky Impressions – Let’s hear it for the boys
- Papertake Weekly Challenge – Anything Goes
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge – #183 It’s your birthday
- Deep Ocean Challenge – Use more then two colors
- Divas by design – #55 Use some texture (I consider the stickles, ribbon and the embossed framed as texture)
- Lollipop Crafts – #91 Something Old, something new (The papers are new and the dies are old)